Tuesday, November 6, 2007

men can't multi task


So here is a example of my inability to multi-task, you decide whether this should apply to the rest of my gender as well. So I was running a little late to school this morning. I mount up on the simoncini (my fixed gear bicycle) with messenger bag and new chain bike lock in place. I am also equipped with a tasty americano (of my own crafting) in my favorite Ti coffee mug. Everything was going fine down Madonna road. Sure i got a few funny looks from the death monster (automobiles) drivers but that happens alot. Sometimes its the brakeless bright red and yellow fixie, or perhaps the safety orange chain bike lock, or the sweater i am wearing that looks it was stolen from the Monterey county jail. All this aside i was having a somewhat normal ride to school for about two blocks. It wasn't until I rode away from the light at Madonna and Los Osos Valley Road that things began to get interesting. I was having a rather difficult time getting my feet into my toe baskets. Not a big problem. It happens. I finally get my left foot into the basket and then look up to realize that i am about to ride off the sidewalk down a small drop into a flower bed. I panic. I blurt out a few awkward expletives and proceed to flail wildly till my bike is laying in the flower bed, my coffee is all over me, my bike and the sidewalk and there is dirt and bark strewn every which way. All this to say i and perhaps a few of my fellow males are quite terrible at balancing even a few seemingly simple tasks. To all of my brethren reading this who are trying to fight the facts, I have this to say : Stop living a lie; you probably can't tie your shoes and chew gum at the same time, and you know it.

1 comment:

Soren said...

I can only imagine how amazing that must have been for eywitnesses. If only I could go back in time...